Angkor Gold Announces Results of its 2017 Annual General and Special Meeting
Sexsmith, AB, (June 26, 2017): Angkor Gold Corp. (TSXV: ANK and OTC: ANKOF) (“Angkor” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the results of its Annual General and Special Meeting of Shareholders held on June 23, 2017 in Vancouver. The motions approved by Angkor’s shareholders included the following:
· Approval of the number of directors at five;
· Election of all five nominees to serve as directors until the next annual meeting of shareholders of the Company, or until their successors are elected or appointed. Directors elected are Michael Weeks, Rhonda Hewko, Terry Mereniuk, Ken Booth and Jiancheng Peng;
· Approval of the Company’s stock option plan;
· Re-appointment of Woolrige Mahon LLP, Chartered Accountants as the Company’s external auditor; and,
· Approval by disinterested shareholders of the issuance of shares for debt to Michael Weeks.
The shares for debt were previously announced on April 28, 2017 and represent a portion of salary not collected by Mr. Weeks in his role as CEO for several years. Upon TSX-Venture approval, Mr. Weeks will be issued 589,164 shares at a price of $0.40 per share to satisfy the outstanding debt.
ABOUT ANGKOR GOLD CORP.
ANGKOR Gold Corp. is a public company listed on the TSX-Venture Exchange and is a leading mineral explorer in Cambodia with a large land package and a first-mover advantage building strong relationships with all levels of government and stakeholders.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
ANGKOR GOLD CORP.
Stephen Burega, Vice President of Corporate Development
Telephone: (647) 515-3734
Website at: http://www.angkorgold.ca or follow us on Twitter @AngkorGold
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.